Re: Internationalization and localization of the web editor

>  * Is there a way in Python in which we can detect which ISO code is
> the default language for the user's machine?

Maybe the LANG env variable? For the web editor, browsers have
preferred language setting and accepted languages setting, don't
remember the names but I'm sure we can easily find it when we get
there.

>  * We will be storing the different translations as a sub-folder in
> the accomplishments set (e.g. ~/accomplishments/ubuntu-community/fr/
> and ~/accomplishments/ubuntu-community/de/) - is there a master list
> of country codes we can use to know how to name these sub-folders?

Yeah somebody please answer that...

So the 2-letter won't cut it, because as Bruno pointed out Asturian
doesn't have one, and we also need country variants like en_gb. So
maybe 3-letter code + country variant, like:
eng_gb
eng_us
hun_hu
ast_es
?

I wonder how Ubuntu sets the locale variables when using Asturian...

Janos