Re: Target audience - was Global-isation

I have a very similar story (grandparents and brother), it seems logical to run adverts like these little stories about the "average joe" thinking a new computer would make their computing life better when in reality a simple switch to ubuntu could make the computer feel as if it runs like new.

My grandparents are keen photographers so I even showed them how to sync files between the main ubuntu computer, the little windows laptop and a mac (without dropbox although that program works on all platforms). They won't be switching to the gimp any time soon but they love how they can organise and display their photos on the main computer using F-spot the equivalent to their much used iPhoto.