Re: Free Geek and reselling computers with Ubuntu

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:19 -0800, Greg Boggs wrote:
> You guys should check out http://FreeGeek.org. The reuse market is huge
> for Ubuntu. FreeGeek is doing some amazing work with free, and Free,
> refurbished computers. Their computers are free for volunteers, cheap
> for shoppers, 3-5 years behind "new", and they all come with a year of
> free tech support on their preinstalled Ubuntu system.

I've been trying to persuade the local volunteer sector to set up
something like this.  So far wit no success.  Any thoughts about how we
might encourage something like this to start up here in the UK?

Regards,		Barry Drake.
--
Sent from my desktop using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.