Re: Fwd: Bug-control access for Debian Developers

Excerpts from Jorge O. Castro's message of Mon Jun 20 10:50:04 -0700 2011:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Micah Gersten <micahg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think that DDs should have the same streamlined process as any other
> > upstream, but still should have to acknowledge our policies before being
> > given bug control membership.  Also, I don't believe they qualify for
> > team membership as they are all considered separate entities and do not,
> > for the most part, have a hierarchical structure where there are team
> > leads that can take responsibility for the changes the team makes and do
> > the appropriate training (as opposed to the Canonical HW Cert team which
> > has this).
>
> Would a note in the existing Debian <-> Ubuntu teamwork documentation
> be sufficient for this? Not that I envision DDs swarming Launchpad and
> flipping all the buttons, but surely if they're in Launchpad already
> then they have an interest in working with the Ubuntu team and this
> would bring more plusses than minuses?

Its important, to me, that somebody have read the docs and asserted
that they have done so before being granted bug control. The statuses
have meaning, and some of them have consquences. Also private bugs
are particularly important to treat with care and a specific set of
guidelines.

That said, I don't think DD's should have to prove that they can apply
those rules correctly. Assert that you are a DD (easily verifiable) and
have read the right wiki page and you should be granted bugcontrol access.

The only downside to this is that its not all that discoverable how
to apply.