Re: Screenshot highlighting

On 18 May 2012 15:26, Hannie Dumoleyn <lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Op 18-05-12 14:09, Thorsten Wilms schreef:
>
>  On 05/18/2012 12:02 AM, Andrew Montag wrote:
>>

>>> http://ubuntuone.com/**1mVxryxD97EPVryco0o9p4<http://ubuntuone.com/1mVxryxD97EPVryco0o9p4>
>>> Here I would need to point out several things: the *Files* button, the
>>> *More* button, and the, *Download file* button.
>>>
>>> http://ubuntuone.com/**1fD5OExwPwLUDAp6i7ddpJ<http://ubuntuone.com/1fD5OExwPwLUDAp6i7ddpJ>
>>> This one could use the *Share folder* button highlighted.
>>>

>> A draft of how I would do it:
>> http://www.foopics.com/**showfull/**16beca358a02ee94ec0e59c9c41be5**7a<http://www.foopics.com/showfull/16beca358a02ee94ec0e59c9c41be57a>
>>
> This looks nice. It seems very unlikely to me that you will have more than
> 9 items to refer to, so I would go for 1, 2, 3 etc.
> Hannie
>

>> Can anyone think of why either numbers or letters would be better, 1-2-3
>> vs A-B-C?
>>
>> With numbers, you need 2 digits once you leave 9 behind. But does either
>> style have an advantage regarding recognition or sorting?

Numbers are best because we only have a Tex markup for a numbered list that
might be used to cross refer to a graphic.  I also think that there may be
less problems with translation.  (Here's the start of the alphabet in
Welsh, for instance: A B C CH D DD E F FF G GH - so letters do not always
have the advantage of being single characters)

I also think that a graphic with more than a few numbered items, certainly
if more than 9, would be very confusing.

Tony