Re: Ubuntu Edge (constructive criticism/advice on Canonical's approach)

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Greg W <mttbrnsmls@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm really impressed with the Canonical influenced design of the Edge. And
> it's because I'm so impressed that it's disappointing to me that the Edge
> will "die" if the campaign fails. It seems like a great design would be
> going to waste. Everything I've read has said that if the campaign is not
> successful, Canonical's influence on hardware design will be no more.

Just a thought - from the beginning I thought Canonical made this campaign
to lose, because it was clearly impossible to reach such a high amount.
Maybe there is some psychological play here, profitting from the feeling of
disappointment and lost opportunity that such a fantastic phone was "almost
created", a small period of silence, then some Big News™ announcing the
Ubuntu Edge from some carrier or big player of the cellphone market. In
social psychology, creating a negative feeling prior to a positive one
makes the latter be greatly emphasized, so it can actually "be felt" ten
times better than it actually is.

Maybe I am wrong, but I have been following Mark's actions and so far he
has been brilliant. And starting a campaign so that he would lose - this is
so not him. I think there is more than meets the eye here.
--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa