Re: BUG: Ran out of space while installing ubuntu-sdk/go-qml directly on Nexus 4

On 03/17/2014 09:38 AM, David Marceau wrote:
> On 03/17/2014 02:24 AM, f69m wrote:
>>> sudo apt-get install qemu-user-static
>>> sudo qemu-debootstrap --arch armhf trusty my-devel-chroot
>>> sudo chroot my-devel-chroot
I did this but when I went to try to get other packages installed within
the environment there was no network/no sources.list entries.

I tried the following:
sudo apt-get install qemu-user-static
pbuilder-dist trusty armhf create

and it generated:
/home/loongson/pbuilder/trusty-armhf-base.tgz

Can I run qemu against that generated image?

I found the emulator documentation, but it's hazy as to how to start it
using the tar ball image I created with pbuilder.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Emulator

I must say it's frustrating because it's not as simple as saying "do
what you want in that qemu shell." because I don't have the network, I
don't have access to the entire trusty repository packages.

After 3 days looking into this, I can still only successfully run go-qml
apps on the Desktop when I should be able to build and run them for
Ubuntu Touch.  I saw a video that proves it's doable, but I couldn't
repeat it.

I guess I will have to be content with go-qml development on the desktop
for now and pray easy to install go-qml packages for Ubuntu
Desktop/Touch arrive soon.

Cheers,
David Marceau