Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 25.03.2014, 12:29 -0600 schrieb Leo Arias:
> There's some info about the rationale of this change here:
> http://design.canonical.com/2014/03/new-apps-header/
> So it's not untested or unintended behavior, you are just
> experimenting what the designers wanted. I think that the intention of
> the new header design is to place all the important items on the
> right, so you won't have to go to that left corner often, but not all
> the apps have been updated to follow the new principles. I'm not sure
> about this, it would be nice to get a reply from the design team.

so I have read that doc again, while it is full of nice theories it does
not indicate anywhere that it was actually tested.

Which brings me back to my original question about the design process,
is at any point a developer contacted to implement a proof of concept UI
so that designers can actually test these theories (and I mean before
they hit the actual image) in real/emulated use cases on one of the
devices we plan to support or support already ... ?

ciao
	oli