Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

Le 26/03/2014 19:39, Riccardo Padovani a écrit :

On Mar 26, 2014 7:21 PM, "Jouni Helminen" <jouni.helminen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jouni.helminen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> sorry, the Android "up" button in the action bar. Which is what our back button effectively is, since we have no chronological back
>
> http://developer.android.com/images/ui/actionbar-item-withtext.png

Doh, after three year I use Android I found new button: thanks!

Seriously, I have a S4 (and previously a S2) and I never, never used it. I use my phone with only one hand (I'm writing right now on phone) and I use hardware back button, on bottom right. It's easier to fold the thumb than stretch it. Well, it's impossible on S4 to use top left button with only one hand.

Same things for options: it's easier to use hardware button on bottom left than software button on top right.

On Android there are two buttons that do same thing: one hardware and one software, and this is bad, and for me it's beautiful don't have hardware button on Ubuntu. But software button has to be accessible, and on top left isn't accessible on a screen > 5 inches; and I have long fingers.

They are not actually exactly the same (see my previous email).

For me, it's one of the issue with Android task and activity design. The back navigation makes hard sense for a normal user. When you understood how it works (by for instance, reading Android design guidelines), it's rocking actually. However, with the restack and retask functionality, even if all those possibilities are made for a fluent navigation, they can bring confusions.

Didier