Re: ownCloud app.

Hi again everyone,

I've created two projects and a team:
Online account plugin: https://launchpad.net/account-plugin-owncloud
ownCloud App: https://launchpad.net/owncloud-app
Team: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-owncloud

This is how I think this could be done, and please feel free to come
forward if you have any ideas to make it better:

1. We create a online account plugin that handles the authentication, just
like the one for Google, which manages the set up of the synchronization of
both CalDAV and CardDAV (calendar and contacts). The code for this should
be in [1].
This should be our first priority.

2. We create an app, that’s more like an UI for the owncloudcmd binary,
which we possibly could ship in an .click package(?). This app pretty much
just uses the online account to login and then has settings to sync files,
but most of all gives the user the possibility to browse ones files in
ownCloud, just like UDropCabin [2].

So: We need to know how, more specifiaclly, the Google sync is set up and
use that for ownCloud, then see if we could ship a binary in a click
package that we somehow could make use of. Perhaps the online account
plugin can create the necessary config files since QML doesn't handle
files, and owncloudcmd needs it, correct?

For the file browsing, perhaps we could make use of owncloud-qml [3] or
meedav [4]?

Please give me some feedback and apply for the team if you are willing to
lend a hand - I'm not really sure how to do all this :P

1: https://code.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/sync-monitor/trunk
2: https://github.com/bobo1993324/UDropCabin
3: https://gitorious.org/meedav

Sincerely,