Re: Ethernet through USB

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 01.04.2015, 13:09 +0200 schrieb Matthias Apitz:

> Oliver,
>
> It *seems* that if the rndis0 interface is activated, i.e. if the device
> is in tethering mode, that the Ubuntu app store is not reachable, the
> HTTPS connection is established, but not useable by the device; the
> screen is white and some red line is jumping left/right and at the end
> giving up; netstat shows:
>
> $ netstat -an | fgrep EST
> tcp        0     36 10.42.0.1:22            10.42.0.86:14092 ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 10.49.30.101:37780      91.189.88.37:443 ESTABLISHED
>
> any idea, what I could check? I see no TCPDUMP in the device, i.e. can
> not proof if or not packages are exachanged with 91.189.88.37 port 443.

hmm, the tethering shouldnt change anything, the default route on the
phone should still point to the GSM or wlan interface (whichever you
have active), the rndis device should simply route packages from your PC
directly to either of the devices (and back)...

when i test here on ubuntu my PC as well as my phone can both be online
just fine ...

ciao
	oli