Re: compiling and running the Telegram client telegram-cli on BQ (r24)

On 13 August 2015 at 18:05, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El día Wednesday, August 12, 2015 a las 12:41:12PM -0400, Robert Schroll escribió:
>> I have no idea if support for terminal apps is on a roadmap.  Perhaps
>> someone else can comment here.

We often discussed the possibility of a reusable "Terminal component"
based off the existing code base. A developer such as yourself could
grab that, add your app (mutt, irssi, whatever), modify a config file
(to say what binary it should launch) and "click build" it. You'd get
a click package which you could put in the store, which had the
terminal inside it and your app. That way you have your own
customisable terminal which you could tweak for the specific app.
Perhaps setting the colour scheme, adding application specific
shortcut keys to the keyboard overlay. When the user exists the app,
the terminal closes (rather than drops to a shell).

Unfortunately nobody every got the time to do this, but it's something
I would still love to happen.

In essence I think someone could take the terminal code from
lp:ubuntu-terminal-app, rip out the tab support (because that's
probably not needed) and anything else extraneous (there's not a lot
to do here) and provide that as a template.

If someone has time to look at that, it would be great.

> I filed a bug report in launchpad:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1484412

I think that's effectively a dupe of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1325571 ?