Re: Web browser tabs turn white

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Olivier Tilloy <
olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Dominik Wnęk <dominik@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> up all memory in the phone? Because that's the usage scenario I'm
> describing.

> this)

> >> If the renderer was killed by the system, then that’s a memory
> >> consumption issue (already tracked by e.g.
> >> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1478853). If the renderer crashed, then
> >> that’s a different issue indeed. Can you reproduce the situation
> >> reliably on one given page, or does it happen at random?
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > It happens on various websites I visit, like eurogamer.net or
> gamingonlinux.com. There are usually other apps running, though (meaning:
> the phone's been up for a while) and it looks like it's closing them,
> because they take their time to load when switching away from the browser.
> >
> > Anyway, I just did a little test: I rebooted the phone and started
> reading eurogamer. Within 3 minutes I got the white screen, while loading
> comments to an article on the front page. Is there a way I can tell what
> the reason for the disappearing renderer was?
> >
> > They have a mechanism on the comments page which loads in new comments
> at the bottom after reaching a certain point down the page; I've had it go
> white a couple of times while it was doing that. Also, it can occur while
> I'm just quickly scrolling through a lot of comments.
>
> I just tested the eurogamer case on my BQ Aquaris E4.5, loaded a few
> articles and their associated comments (I targetted articles with 150+
> comments), washed rinsed and repeated during 10min, and I didn’t get
> the dreaded blank page.
>
> My device is on rc-proposed (image #100), so many components changed
> since the latest stable release of OTA5. This image from rc-proposed
> will soon become OTA6. Let’s see if that update makes things better
> for you.

rc-proposed 102, krillin,

I just had the facebook web-app turn white after scrolling the feed as fast
as possible for a minute and the switching back and forth from the browser

the following is the output of "free -m" before and after the renderer got
killed

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ free -m
Mem:           960        856        104        179          2        242
-/+ buffers/cache:        611        349
Swap:          511        421         90

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ free -m
Mem:           960        639        320         11          2         74
-/+ buffers/cache:        562        398
Swap:          511        346        165
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ free -m