Re: Web browser tabs turn white

Den 2015-08-18 18:38, Andrea Bernabei skrev:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Olivier Tilloy <olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ogra@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    >>> hi,

    taking up all memory in the phone? Because that's the usage
    scenario I'm describing.

    >>> well, it is definitely the same result, the renderer dies and
    doesn't
    >>> tear the UI down with it (or notify the UI to enable it to show a
    >>> message to you or some such)
    >>>
    >>> it might be a different cause from ram issues if you really
    only have
    >>> that one tab and only the browser as only app open though
    (i.e. the
    >>> lifecycle management and memory management wouldn't be
    involved in this)

    >>> so in that light it perhaps makes sense to file a new bug
    since the
    >>> renderer might have died because of other reasons ...
    >>
    >> If the renderer was killed by the system, then that’s a memory
    >> consumption issue (already tracked by e.g.
    >> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1478853). If the renderer crashed, then
    >> that’s a different issue indeed. Can you reproduce the situation
    >> reliably on one given page, or does it happen at random?
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > It happens on various websites I visit, like eurogamer.net
    <http://eurogamer.net> or gamingonlinux.com
    <http://gamingonlinux.com>. There are usually other apps running,
    though (meaning: the phone's been up for a while) and it looks
    like it's closing them, because they take their time to load when
    switching away from the browser.

    > Anyway, I just did a little test: I rebooted the phone and
    started reading eurogamer. Within 3 minutes I got the white
    screen, while loading comments to an article on the front page. Is
    there a way I can tell what the reason for the disappearing
    renderer was?

    > They have a mechanism on the comments page which loads in new
    comments at the bottom after reaching a certain point down the
    page; I've had it go white a couple of times while it was doing
    that. Also, it can occur while I'm just quickly scrolling through
    a lot of comments.

    I just tested the eurogamer case on my BQ Aquaris E4.5, loaded a few
    articles and their associated comments (I targetted articles with 150+
    comments), washed rinsed and repeated during 10min, and I didn’t get
    the dreaded blank page.

    My device is on rc-proposed (image #100), so many components changed
    since the latest stable release of OTA5. This image from rc-proposed
    will soon become OTA6. Let’s see if that update makes things better
    for you.

rc-proposed 102, krillin,

I just had the facebook web-app turn white after scrolling the feed as fast as possible for a minute and the switching back and forth from the browser

the following is the output of "free -m" before and after the renderer got killed

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ free -m
             total       used       free     shared  buffers     cached
Mem:           960        856        104        179        2        242
-/+ buffers/cache:        611        349
Swap:          511        421         90

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ free -m
             total       used       free     shared  buffers     cached
Mem:           960        639        320         11        2         74
-/+ buffers/cache:        562        398
Swap:          511        346        165
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ free -m