Re: [Design]: Color changes in OTA 10

> there is another palette
> https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/phone/apps/qml/tutorials/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-palette/

Understandable that there is some application development specific
guide, but why that so so much off the brand style?

> It doesn't use the warm grey or cool grey either, in fact I think the only
> overlap between that and the brand colours is the orange (which didn't, but
> now does appear in both). I don't have any specific dislike of any of the
> colors, but it does seem somewhat less of the distinctive and quirky Ubuntu
> feel and a bit more generic and anonymous. That could well be the intended
> change if it is what the carriers and handset vendors want to sell.

That's seriously funny. It almost makes me laugh when I look at it
again. The colors are sooo off-topic, it's almost scary. I believe you
can make semantic coloring also when you mix the major carrier brand
colors together: Vodafone red for active, T-Mobile pink for status
updates, O2 blue for normal text, Hutchinson orange for warnings,
Cosmote green for success messages.

Has anyone ever thought about color-blind people? How are they going
to distinguish between the #3EB34F grass-green, #ED3146 scary-red,
#19B6EE pale-lightblue and #E95420 Ubuntu orange?

Seriously, all puns here are intended. This is not a bold, creative
decision. This is seriously broken color scheme design. And not the
way you make semantic colors for the general public. While the brand
color palette is seriously professional this one is not. It's
ridiculous, I'm sorry. Someone should speak up and explain what is
wrong here inside the department.

There are people out there that care about the future of Ubuntu Touch.
That's why there is this rant. And I apologize if some people,
hopefully the right ones, are offended by this post.

Peter