Re: [Design]: Color changes in OTA 10

On 27/04/16 13:34, Peter Bittner wrote:
That's seriously funny. It almost makes me laugh when I look at it
again. The colors are sooo off-topic, it's almost scary. I believe you
can make semantic coloring also when you mix the major carrier brand
colors together: Vodafone red for active, T-Mobile pink for status
updates, O2 blue for normal text, Hutchinson orange for warnings,
Cosmote green for success messages.
Not saying they want it branded their own way, it could just be that the carriers want to have a less strongly branded product. There are quite a few decisions or odd priorities that make a heap more sense when you remember that the phone is being built to the requirements of the carriers and handset manufacturers, remember the "carrier action group" thing?

Anyhow, the colour change has happened, doesn't seem like they want to talk about it but it does appear that it wasn't an accident and it is sticking and it probably should apply to everything on screen including the circle of friends logo - but the pantone and non-screen colours remain the same. There was always a colour calibration issue, so I don't think this made things much worse on that front.

Alan.