Re: Canonical branded phone?

Hi

Since this thread went to all directions I would like to express my opinion as well.

I think a Canonical branded phone would never happen. Canonical is a software company.

I don't think UT is dead either. It is because ubuntu phones are repurposed android phones so OEMs don't need to invest a lot. They have some devices left in stock the can just sell them as ubuntu phones.

I aslo believe is the Canonical who don't want new devices until the UT moves to snappy and to 16 series. This transition is not simply (it needs systemd, newer kernel). So until there are devices with the required kernel Canonical is working on their part of the transition.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device