Re: Canonical branded phone?

On Τετάρτη, 14 Σεπτεμβρίου 2016 6:15:19 Μ.Μ. EEST, Krzysztof Tataradziński <ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

nchatziioakimidis@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Τετάρτη, 14 Σεπτεμβρίου 2016 10:36:17 Π.Μ. EEST, Matthias Apitz <
guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What I do miss in all this thread, is some statement from BQ about the
future devices with Ubuntu as OS, like the existing E4.5 and M10, ...
Or have I overlooked this somehow?
Thanks

        matthias

There is not an official statement but there are no ubuntu phones on the
market anymore. Plus the images for the "midori” device was pulled from the
image - server.

Regarding 'midori' device - could we get any official statement from
Ubuntu/Canonical team why it's pulled out from the server (project
canceled/delayed)? If that information (about new device) is a secret - why
there was image available to public without any restrictions?

Best regards,
KT

I have no inside info here.

I remeber that the images of available devices where uploaded to the public image-server just a few days before the launch. I have no idea what happened to the midori device. There were leaks from China (I believe) that is was MX6 Ubuntu edition. Probably the launch didn't happen for a reason but I can only make guesses here.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device