ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

They wouldn't, necessarily, but some apps will be better after being
reworked for a larger screen. LibreOffice is a great example.
Facilities currently exist in GTK3 to implement different UIs for the
same app through XML.

On the other hand, most of the games currently available would work
fine on the TV as they are now, and will need little modification.

Regardless, TV's aren't productivity devices, and they shouldn't be
treated as such. Ubuntu on TV is about enhancing and integrating what
people already do on TVs, not bringing Ubuntu Desktop to the TV
itself.

--
Ian Santopietro

"Eala Earendel enlga beorohtast