ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

What happened to Ubuntu One? I never said they'd be independent, I
said they'd function differently from each other, since most users
will use a TV for different things from what they use their computer
for. But everything would be linked to their Ubuntu One Cloud. Nothing
would necessarily be independent. Being connected to a personal
network doesn't mean it needs to function exactly identically to, or
even have the option to function exactly identically to, a desktop
computer. They have to access the same content, and synchronize
progress through this content. Once you download a movie to your
desktop, you can start watching it on the TV, and finish form the
place you left off on your laptop before bed. Once you start listening
to music on the TV, you can move over to your smartphone and drive to
work without losing your place in the song. Complete and total system
integration with Ubuntu One; and wrapping it up in a comfortable,
simple to use 10ft UI; is where Ubuntu TV really has the possibility
to shine and succeed, not by emulating Desktop functionality.