ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: First official wallpaper

On 03/08/15 11:40, Alfredo Hernández wrote:

> That's a great idea, Ali. 15.10 would be a perfect place to let everyone know we've changed our branding; it might seem like forcing the new
> logo in everyone's throats, but at the end it will do more benefit than harm.

Alfredo, I'm curious as to what benefit you think it will achieve? Its not like people won't be exposed to the new logo anyway via boot screen,
login screen, ubiquity slideshow, social media, website, release notes and most likely random news sites etc. I can't possibly imagine, that any
user could completely miss the fact that the logo has changed, regardless of if its on the wallpaper or not?