Re: notify-osd + fullscreen + multiple monitors

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM, mac_v <drkvi-a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The users cant/shouldnt expect everything to be spoon fed! The Option is
> there! just because the user forgets ,it isnt a design flaw.
>
> A crash is not the error of the car manufacturer but the driver, the
> manufacturer has provided the breaks its upto the user to use it! Only
> faulty breaks are design flaws.

If the system makes it incredibly easy, it's a design flaw. If your car
manufacturer provides *brakes*, but puts them somewhere inaccessible, where
you can't get to them quickly in an emergency, it's a design flaw. Yes, this
is ridiculous, but it was your example. Not mine.

Martin's concern is certainly valid, but it may be something that should be
dealt with at the application level and not by the system itself.

How do we differentiate a presentation done for an audience , and a
> rehearsal? we cant!

Is there a difference at all?

--
-- Alex Launi