Re: notify-osd + fullscreen + multiple monitors

Em Ter, 2009-07-07 às 13:49 +0200, Martín Soto escreveu:

> Also, future versions of X/Gnome wil automatically offer a
> configuration box as soon as you plug in a monitor. We can consider
> asking the user once at that point if this is a projector. The UI for
> doing this would have to be very well thought, but I guess this could
> work if done properly.

I don't see how this guessing can be reliable. I usually use my laptop
in an external monitor to save my back some pain, but I want my
notifications in that case.

And the idea of asking "always" when you plug in an external monitor is
a bad one. As I said I plug one everyday, I don't want to answer the
same question everyday. However I give presentations once a month. It is
much more reasonable to me to turn on the "don't notify me" mode at that
moment.

Paulo