Re: unity and notifications

On 23 September 2010 03:00, Apoorva Sharma wrote:

> Thanks for your approval of my design!
>
> I went ahead and made an interactive mockup with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
> Since it uses CSS3, it only works with Firefox 4, Chrome, and Epiphany. (In
> Maverick)
>
> Here's the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/510407/Test/index.html
>
> What do you think?

Smooth!

Can you give more contrast to the notification? Make it reverse video (black
on white), or at least a lighter brown background. This way it will be
easier to spot when a message arrives. I'm not sure whether the animation
alone will be enough to catch the user attention.

Also shouldn't it open to the right and cover the calendar and clock area?
At least in my browser it's opening to the left of the mail indicator, which
is covering the space dedicated to the taskbar.