Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

[bother. pressed the wrong button. Sorry, Ian, you'll see this twice...]

On 16/06/11 00:25, Ian Santopietro wrote:
> > Then, wouldn't the menu open after you finish dragging the window
> > around? And what about people that click once on the menu, then drag
> > down to the item they want, then release the mouse button?

OK: I should have written:
 * On hovering the mouse over the title bar, display the menu bar over
   it.
 * on mouse-down, if the pointer is moved consider the window to have
been grabbed and thus move it.
 * on mouse up, if the window was not grabbed, activate the menu item
under the pointer.

Having refined the above: I suspect the experience would be frustrating
for those people who expect to drag the pointer down an active menu
after mouse-down.

http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x412F52DB1BBF1234

<http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x412F52DB1BBF1234>