Re: Dash search vs Alt+F2 in 11.10

It may sound off-topic, but it's related I think: Up until Beta 2 was
released, I had this "bug" (I don't know if it's fixed, as I had to do
 a clean install on my laptop and didn't have time to install Beta 2
yet). When I installed Gnome-Shell (yes, blasphemer) Alt-F2 did NOT
work there at all. Somehow, I think Alt-F2 is too strongly tied to
Unity and it just did not work with Gnome-Shell on Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 1
(it's possible that it would not work on any other DE but Unity).
Is Canonical's position that Gnome-Shell is not supported, or should
the dev's make effort to have this functionality (and others,
possibly, but that would be really off-topic to discuss here) work
with Gnome-Shell (and other DE's a user might install) as well? I
think it all comes to how Alt-F2 is implemented and therefore it is
on-topic ;)

Eylem