Re: Notifications in unity

Den 17. nov. 2011 17:59, skrev staticd:

*(II)Proposal:*
1)To satisfy Design principles and constraints (a) and (b): the notification behaviour remains as it is for the first two seconds, 2)_A mouse over_ after the delay will transform the notification to show a close and a help button(see attachment) 3)Clicking the help button will direct attention to the relevant indicator/ window/ status( How can this be implemented?)

Why? This is something people have complained about in Windows for many years. After logging in;

System: «Java must be upgraded»
User: «Oh, but I just wanted to read my mail. Can I please do it some other time?» System: «Ok, but I'll not let you get away with it for long. And I'll stay here until you click me. I'll get back to you in about an hour».
User: «Ugh»
System: «There is an upgrade for Morfon Antivirus. Click me.»
User: «.. I have to respond to this email. It's important. Click»
System: «Adobe Flash 11 is ready to be installed. Click me»
User: «Click.»
System: «There is a new version of Sun Java Web Start. Click me.»
User: «You know, you're starting to annoy me. Click»
System: «New version of Appx is available».
User: «Click.»
System: «Registry Cleaner has an important update».
User: «Clickclickclickclickclickclickclick.»

If we get those clickable notifications back... I'll click something. Hard.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad