Re: Notifications in unity

Den 17. nov. 2011 18:50, skrev Evan Huus:

How about this as a sort of counter-proposal (still trying to solve
the same root problems). The notification bubbles are associated with
an indicator menu via a speech-bubble like tail. So an empathy message
would be associated with the messaging indicator. Opening that
indicator would immediately clear the notification. The notifications
remain transient as they currently are.

Thoughts?
Evan

That might be nice, except that many notifications don't have an indicator to associate with. This means it would create an inconsistency. However, one possible solution would be to use an envelope as a "background icon" for all types of messages, and then use a smaller application icon on top of it. This would both show what indicator the message is available in, and which app caused it. It would remove the possibility of displaying peoples avatars though.

Making them clickable is not an option, in my not very humble opinion. Except from that, I think there are many possibilities for improvements. But I think the problem is greatly exaggerated.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad