Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?

Mark , I really appreciate the mentoring and giving us the clear goals of Ubuntu , but I'll hop in again and give a practical idea on the topic :

Why people liked dodge :
5% - it kept the launcher visible when there was an active small window over other windows 15% - it kept the launcher visible when there was an active small window alone over the desktop
80% - it kept the launcher visible on the desktop (clear of windows)

Why people got confused by dodge :
Mostly because of the first 20% of the cases (and if I have to be frank - I think Mostly because of the 1st 5% , having the launcher always visible on the desktop has a very simple logic to it) .

Now, what I propose ,is to have auto-hide show the launcher on the desktop (if you don't like it being shown in the 15% case - so be it , just on clear desktop) .

Here's something more to that : the launcher doesn't allow the space behind it to be used on the desktop anyway (you cant drag an icon there - the launcher shows up). I really have high hopes about the idea , so please do give feedback :)

Petko