Re: Add Dodge Feature Back to Unity

I do understand the reasoning for dodge removal but shouldn't the usability
tests have suggested the problems in the first place?
Obviously, removing a feature that has been default for a full release is
going to have much more impact than a feature that is wanted but has never
been included or is against design principles?

I have been very much in support of dodge on these mailing lists mainly for
that reason, that it is a default feature that users (maybe some of them
were new with that release) have become used to.
I also warned to expect more backlash once 12.04 was actually released with
the feature missing.

For my part, I loved dodge and did get used to it but I also got used to
not using it just as quickly once it was removed from 12.04 testing.
I can only suggest other people either adapt and do things slightly
differently, use other means (patches, PPA's and howto's easily available)
or move on to another distro or desktop environment.

I don't believe any amount of pressure is going to bring dodge back in any
shape or form so it is probably best to accept it.

There will never be a feature that suits all people, just as not all
choices of default apps suit everyone.