Re: [Ayatana-dev] Unity-2D and Qt5

On 12/01/2011 12:10 PM, a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

On 30 November 2011 15:22, Marco Trevisan (Treviño)<mail@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
It just seems to miss some Xlib inclusion...

yeah, but the problem looks like worse.

First of all, i've no problem building Unity-2D if I use the default
Qt 4.x available on my system.

To use the Qt5 I've built I do the following:

export QTDIR=/opt/qt5
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH

and then I verify that qmake takes from the proper version:

andrea@centurion:~/Documents/sviluppo/unity-2d$ qmake -v
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 5.0.0 in /opt/qt5/lib

after this verify I start compiling and after few minutes the compiler
stops giving me these errors: http://pastebin.com/icEjJc6P
what is strange is that in the log there are references to Qt4 libs,
why? Didn't I set the Qt5 as compilation libraries?
It looks like make/cmake/qmake are mixing Qt5 and Qt4 libs... a real mess.

Any idea? Thanks.

Maybe try to build it inside a chroot, so you don't have these issues and also you are sure of what dependencies you're installing, and you don't mess up your everyday working environment.

One relatively easy way to do that is via pbuilder:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto

Hope it helps,
--
Ugo