Re: Migrating to GitLab

I actually had in mind your sentence

We (Grenoble folk) are not going to spend human and cpu time on website and gitlab framework, just to host an unmaintained project.
from [*], which kind of convinced me as a reason to modify our workflow towards a tighter control (interpreting the above "unmaintained" as = to "open to modifications without any real assessment").

At the same time, Rémi left 3SR and, as a first consequence, we kind of lost control on our wiki (even though I would not deeply miss it ;-) as far as I'm concerned).

Thus, I was wondering if the move towards merge requests would be accompanied by new human and cpu ressources (coming from UMS Gricad ??) ? If yes, would these human and cpu ressources be additional to what we used to have until now (from 3SR), or "just" replace them ??

In summary (and with an inspiration from French idioms) : we will now face sticks (with the MR procedure), is there any carrot ? :-)

Jérôme

[*] https://www.mail-archive.com/yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg13682.html

------
Chargé de Recherche / Research Associate
Irstea, RECOVER
3275 route Cezanne – CS 40061 13182 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 5 FRANCE
+33 (0)4 42 66 99 21