Re: global renaming?

Janek Kozicki a écrit :

>Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:57:23 +0100)
>

>>Ok, I missed the fact that the model have 4 spheres.
>>
>>Personnaly I still prefer the old naming, probably because i'm used to it...
>>Yes it results in long name, but any conventions suggested up to now
>>needs the autocompletion enabled, so... is length a problem?
>>This old convention is the most easy to understand IMO, and it makes
>>yade readable for beginners.
>>Perhaps it is possible to replace uppercases by _lowercases if you don't
>>like CamelCases... keeping the rest of the convention intact.
>>

>so you say that you don't like prefixes that tell what is the root base class?
>
>I thought it would be useful, because I must admit, that sometimes
>I'm not sure what is the base root class of this or that class (is it
>a geometrical model, or maybe an interacting geometry? etc...). And I
>must check it out in the source.

Well i could like something that denotes base classes, but it needs to
define abreviations for each base class and makes the names less readable...
In fact i like full names :). Abreviations are always more things you
have to remember. And I don't think we are going to spell the full names
of base classes are we?
Take this as first impression, perhaps you will decide to do something
else and i will like it at the end :).

Bruno

--
Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 04.56.52.86.21