new name - voting.

Let the voting begin.

Please have a look at the list of proposed names:

http://beta.arcig.cz/~eudoxos/phd/index.cgi/YaDe/NewNameSuggestions

There are notes for each name, telling whether the name is new, or it
was used somewhere else. We probably don't want a name conflict in
the linux distribution, just like there were TWO qglviewer packages,
and we are using the one which was not in debian. Also, some company
might sue us for infriging their trademark ;>

So the column titled "used?" gives following information:

    yes   : this will result in a name conflict with other open-source software
    maybe : this may result in a name conflict
    ..no  : a very small chance of name conflict
    no    : an original name - no fear of name conflict.

Please vote with following rules:

  - give points from 0 to 10 for each name.
  - the average of all points given should be around 5 +/- 2

The name with highest number of points from all participants, wins.

Please reply to this email, by writing a number of points in the
first column.

Voting:

Points |  Name        | used? | description
       |  Barite      |  no   |
       |  Carss       |  no   | Computational And Research Software for Scientists
       |  Dcp         | maybe | dynamic/discrete computation platfrom
       |  Democrite   |  no   |
       |  Dicop       |  yes  | dynamic/discrete computation platfrom
       |  Edy         |  no   | explicit dynamics
       |  Edyc        |  no   | explicit dynamic code
       |  Eklogit     |  no   |
       |  Eos         | maybe | Extensible Open Simulation
       |  Genesis     |  yes  |
       |  Isis        |  yes  | (egyptian mythology)
       |  Leukippos   |  no   |
       |  Nemesis     |  yes  | (greek mythology)
       |  Newton      |  yes  | sorry already used
       |  Nodem       |  no   | Not Only Discrete Element Method
       |  Obsidian    | maybe | O(b)pen S(i)oftware for D(i)ynamic ANalysis.
       |  Odcp        | ..no  | open dynamic computation platfrom
       |  Odin        | maybe | Open Dynamic computatIoN platform
       |  Odyssee     | ..no  | Open DYnamic Simulation Software for various Element methods
       |  Ofec        | maybe | open framework for explicit computing
       |  Ofex        |  no   | open framework for explicit computing
       |  Ofexco      |  no   | open framework for explicit computing
       |  Opec        |  yes  | open platform for explicit computing
       |  Opendem     | ..no  | the Open source Discrete and Explicit/Element Method
       |  Opendemp    | ..no  | the Open source Discrete and Explicit/Element Method Platform
       |  Opex        |  no   | open platform for explicit computing
       |  Opexco      |  no   | open platform for explicit computing
       |  Oppenheimer |  no   |
       |  Oppie       | ..no  | (program Opie already exists)
       |  Opsidyan    |  no   | open software in dynamic analysis
       |  Ospem       |  no   | open source platform for explicit methods
       |  Ox-frame    |  no   | open explicit framework (obviously :))
       |  Oxnam       |  no   | open and explicit
       |  Pdm         | maybe | Platform for Dynamical Modeling
       |  Pnm         |  yes  | Platform For Numerical Modeling
       |  Pyrite      | ..no  |
       |  Skarn       |  no   |

--
# Janek Kozicki