Re: Energy dissipation + radius of fictious "box" sphere is now =r (not 2*r)

On 5 May 2010 13:25, Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Just for confirmation, is the kinetic energy computed taking into account
>> velocities at half time steps, right? Do we also compute velocities at
>> integer time steps?
>>
>>  You can consider kinetic energy is defined for times t=(k+0.5)dt.

Ok, but this means that if one wants to calculate the total energy of the
system (e.g. to check whether it is conservative or not) cannot make the sum
of the potential energy and the kinetic one as it is now defined, right?

chiara