Re: total formulation + modifying friction?

> Outputing data from inside the if(plasticity) condition of
> Law2_Dem3DofGeom_FrictPhys_Basic, I find this :
>

> trialFs.norm(): 113037 vs. maxFs: 14.9277 Fn: 170.629 ks: 338110
> tanFric: 0.0874861
> displacementT() before slip: 0.33432
> displacementT() after slip: 0.126106
> corrected trialFs: -4.40076 9.24839 10.8599
>
> The force is divided by ~10,000, as it should, but the displacement
> returned by displacementT is only divided by 3.
> Actually, trialFs is always orders of magnitude higher than maxFs, even
> after many iterations in a stable packing. It explains why changing
> friction gives higher forces immediatly.
Hi, thanks for those numbers, I will have a serious look on that.

Wait a second with the commit, I will get back in a few minutes.

> I've been looking into relocateContactPoints, could you explain this.
> What is this equation for? It looks like a weird weighted average :
>
> /Vector3r midPt=(effR1/(effR1+effR2))*(p1+p2); // proportionally to
> radii, so that angle would be the same/
It moves the reference points on particles in such way that they are
closer to actual contact point, without changing epsT. That is for cases
where particles would rotate but they touch always at the same point
(epsT=0); see scripts/test/Dem3DofGeom.py (but you have to update to
2213 and recompile the whole thing, sorry).