Re: Call for user cases ?

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 13:07, Christoph Zwerschke <cito@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, it's not clear to me what you mean when you say that "entered text
> should be automatically escaped by zim". The problem is that if you enter
> **bold** then you want your asterisks be interpreted by zim, not escaped,
> but if you enter 2**3 + 2**4 then you probably don't want them to be
> interpreted, but it's impossible for zim to distinguish these cases
> *automatically*.

The idea of  "entered text should be automatically escaped" means that
**bold** will not be made bold. Rather, users who want to enter Wiki
syntax would do that in source / raw mode. Isn't that what **bold** is
(wiki source code)? Why does Source mode exist otherwise?

Of course, there would ideally be a keyboard shortcut to easily enable
source / raw mode and to switch back to normal mode. To make text bold
in normal mode without entering source / raw mode, one has the Ctrl-B
shortcut.

> Maybe a solution would be to allow different modes for pasting text to zim,
> similar to the different modes for copying text from zim.

Right, that would be normal mode and source / raw mode.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com