Re: [Ayatana] "Hybrid" (panel/launcher) top left corner button

But with the current design, since window controls are at the corner, when I make the launcher always visible, it looks very inconsistent. Window controls look like they're part of the launcher... At least, when the launcher is always visible, the Ubuntu button should extend to the top left corner...

I also think that there has to be some visual element that reminds somehow how the launcher can be invoked and how to invoke dash also. (Not sure it's a good example, but like "Activities" in Gnome 3)

The solution of a corner button that "grows" for me is the best, because you have really an element that is visually very distinct (part of the top panel and part of the launcher)... And it's simple.