Re: [Ayatana] "Hybrid" (panel/launcher) top left corner button

On 30 August 2011 22:21, André Oliva <gandreoliva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think that _the design_ of Unity for desktops was that of Natty. Then,
> there was a "feature freeze" for Oneric, and for some reason there was some
> kind of panic. But the points that bothers me is that if the design was
> fixed, only minor changes must be allowed. Introducing more and more big
> changes confuses new users. The example: why the wallpaper is almost the
> same for 10.10, 11.04, and 11.10? Because the intention is that the people,
> specially new users, get familiarized with Ubuntu. If you change and change
> the interface, that goal is not accomplished. And why removing a button from
> the panel is a big change? Because it changes the way people run
> applications and invoke the launcher. Gnome 2 had almost the same design for
> a very long time, but obviously there was improvement.

Just to clarify that yes Ubuntu is in Feature Freeze now but it was
not in feature freeze for all of May, June, July, and part of August.
Since we are at UI freeze also, changes to the look and feel have to
be approved by the Release Team.

Ubuntu will be completely unfrozen once again after Ubuntu 11.10
"Oneiric" is released. See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule

Jeremy