bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Re: Nautilus Bug 731481

Well after saying it worked, the reporter came back and said it happened
again.

An important piece of information is that the problem only occurs with
network drives.  I have a request in for what protocol he's using.

I have seen the problem with samba shares.  It seems that the discovery
process Nautilus uses can hang indefinitely on drives that can be
mounted.  With some command line smbclient and more specification on the
URI I can get Nautilus to work with the same share that hung Nautilus
previously.

I am now working on a clean repeatable sequence.

I may even be able to change the status to confirmed soon.  So what
started as a trivial minor bug might turn into a real bug.

I remember the adage "for a tester a successful test is one that finds a
bug despite what developers think".

Joe