Re: [PETSC #13298] Re: installation of DOLFIN 0.5.7 on Debian

Faheem Mitha <faheem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I modified the PETSc build.
>
> However, I have now encountered another problem. Here are steps to reproduce:
>
> 1) Install PETSc using my Debian package.
>
> 2) Compile DOLFIN against this package, using
>
> ./configure --with-petsc-dir=/usr/lib/petsc-2.2.1
>
> 2) When I try running the demos (in src/demos) in the DOLFIN source tree, I get link errors, which appear to be that
> something thinks that the PETSc libraries are still where they were built, namely
>
> /usr/local/src/petsc/petsc/petsc-2.2.1/debian/tmp/usr/lib/petsc-2.2.1/
>
> I'm not sure what is causing this problem or how to resolve it. The easist thing would be if one of the DOLFIN
> developers could repeat the above steps to reproduce the problem.

  If you use dynamic libraries with PETSc, then the load paths are compiled in (you can
redirect them with command-line arguments, but this is the default). Thus, moving them
from the directory into which the package installs them breaks the load. There a couple
ways to fix this. I will think about it (since I have to leave for dinner now).

     Matt

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec Guiness