Re: Building on Mac OS X and GNU autotools

Hello Marius and all!

> SVN HEAD seems to be in turmoil at the moment
This is a normal situation and if you want to wait for better times,
than this is not a real :-)
> , but as soon as it
> stabilizes, I can merge my patches.
> I'm used to multi-platform development, so my patches shouldn't break
> the other builds.
If you afraid to brake something in SVN HEAD, then simply make a SVN
branch in KiCad tree
(something like a
"https://kicad.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kicad/branches/kicad-mac_os";)
and when you make a usable kicad for Mac OS, then you can merge it with
SVN HEAD.

> I can see if I can set up a Linux box to verify the build just in case.
> Btw., is there a buildbot available somewhere? I think I remember
> sourceforge offering like that earlier, but the offer was withdrawn
> IIRC.
>
> Igor: If you give me write access, I'll take a look at this.

No problem, I can do this!
But, first of all, you must carefully read the chapter "You can help
with the project!" at

http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Download

and make all recommended things.

--