Re: project template cloning

On 04/25/2013 01:20 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>> I think the vendor prefix is a good idea, so I think a file rename would be the best
>> option here. In that case, the ti-stellaris-boosterpack40_min template also would need
>> renaming.
>>
>> Thanks for all of the good work :)
>

> Henry,
>
> We are in agreement on the best fix.  However the issue is not quite so easily resolved,
> because the schematic contains the name of the cache library and also the name of
> launchpad.lib
>
> So we have to be careful that the renaming only touches some names, and that those files
> that *contain* names, still point to valid names after the renaming process.

I am wondering about the renaming process and the integrity of the cache lib reference
within the *.sch.

Confusion is at hand:

1) Will the schematic load fine without the cache lib being accurate?

2) Or must the cache lib ref within the *.sch be removed for a template?

This is why testing is needed, and hopefully some guidelines will fall out of your findings.

Thanks so much.   BTW, my confusion is a constant.

Dick