Re: Experiments and considerations for more layer

On 09/05/2013 09:38 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 07:12:40AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> That looks excellent.
>
> Yep, quite.
>
>> I was also thinking bit set.  The fact that std::bitset<> takes a size suggests it is
>> putting the bits in the instance block, not in a separate block of memory.
>
> I think the issue is not the 'best' kind of bit vector (his
> implementation is more or less like the bitset, there are also
> std::vector<bool>, or even std::set<LAYER_NUM> which are not
> compile-time bound in size).

Says you.   Says me:  having the the bits in the instance block matter.

I guess if what I have to say is going to be labelled as irrelevant right out the box, I'd
be wasting my time continuing.

I don't have it to waste.

Of course you can't have an 'unbounded'