Re: Revisiting the Git decision - document git-bzr bridge!

On 5 February 2014 22:35, Blair Bonnett <blair.bonnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6 February 2014 10:31, Jake <jake@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Hi Jake,
>>>
>>> Did you read the whole of this subject? Go ahead and use Git if you
>>> want, no-one is going to stop you. Links have been provided on
>>> information to allow you to develop using Git.
>>>
>>> We look forward to your contributions.
>>>
>>> Best Regards, Brian.
>>>

>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> I assume you're referring to git-bzr-ng which I was told about on irc.
>> Supposedly this can allow a git user to interact with the bazaar system
>> transparently.  That would be great, except i can't get it to work.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> thank you
>> -jake
>

> Hi Jake,
>
> I think Brian was referring to the GitHub mirror workflow that has been
> discussed in this thread in the last 24 hours. The following messages are
> the key ones in this workflow discussion:
>
> 1: https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg12148.html
> 2: https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg12159.html
> 3: https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg12160.html
> 4: https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg12161.html
>
> In fact, Henner has already submitted two patches to this mailing list based
> on this workflow, so it seems to be quite usable in practice.
>
> I guess we could document this workflow on the KiCad website, say under the
> KiCad development page (
> http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/DEV/KiCad+Development ). Maybe once the
> core developers have given their blessing that it works from their side as
> well?
>
> Regards,
> Blair

Hi Guys,

Sorry last night was wiped out with family stuff so I didn't get
chance to update kicad-pcb.org. I will try and get it done tonight,
but in the meantime use the instructions on the Inkscape developer
wiki and let us know how you get on.

Best Regards,

Brian.