Re: emacs switches to Git

>and my company has recently migrated from VSS (!?@!*$) to SVN. That move seems to be working well for us, since we have no need for distributed development.

A stone tablet is an improvement over VSS hehe.SVN works just fine
when you are inhouse, are all company employees and don't care about
spamming a server up with branches and commits. Any DVCS (Git, Bazaar
and Hg) is king when you have many strangers on the internets working
on a project, which allows them all to do their own work while
tracking it locally and only pushing branches when needed.

>I think that the choice of the version-control system isn't even on the radar. I simply downloaded bzr from Launchpad and installed it on my Macs and it does what it is supposed to do.

Honestly, my biggest peeve is with launchpad and not bzr. Launchpad is
slower than dialup for me most of the time, it takes ages to load any
page. The issue tracker is insane to consider "Fix committed" bugs as
"Open bugs". It also fails to remember your search settings so you
must constantly put them back to find the open bugs. There are pages
that you can only navigate to in some odd order which could be done
faster by skipping the intermediate pages.