which is NOT a system directory.

I do not build and install my test versions with root privilege, as my normal user owns /opt/kicad-build, and i don’t experience this problem. So i'm not sure what the issue Clemens is getting trying to do the same thing.

Steven

On 09/01/16 00:25, Clemens Koller wrote:
Hello, Nick!

On 2016-01-08 17:03, Nick Østergaard wrote:
Distro packagers are supposed to enable scripting, and when they
generate a package it is installed in the proper location for python.
AFIK

Anyway, I did write to keenerd that the scripting is supposed to be
enabled. But it does not seem he is the last packager at the moment.
There were some commits from him for kicad-4.0.1.
So he should be in charge. ;-)

On Arch, I believe the packages are build using makepkg using
fakeroot, so he/we won't run into the issues.

Clemens