Re: Git transition

On 08/11/2016 08:28 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
[snip]
> I'll see if I can figure out how to do this and if it works we can use
> it instead of adding the bug report url to the commit message.  I wonder
> if we can link a commit to a bug report?  That could be an issue if we
> cannot.  I don't want to have to always create a separate branch, push
> it to my personal repo, and then merge it into the product branch for
> simple bug fixes.

I already link commits to corresponding bug reports, see an example [1].

To make life even easier, I have just pushed an additional git config
file (rev 7022). To enable it:

  git config --add include.path "$(pwd)/helpers/git/fixes_alias"

And afterwards:

  <code, code, code>
  git commit -a -m "Fixed a memleak"
  git fixes 123456
  git push

In the current form it is a mix of what Wayne and Chris have suggested,
so in the end you will get:

orson@pcbe15262 ~/workspace/kicad % git log -n1
commit 4ea4dcd67d89ce612aa1826dc845cc1137040fbf