Re: Git transition

On 8/12/2016 3:44 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 8/12/2016 5:36 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>> On 08/11/2016 08:28 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> I'll see if I can figure out how to do this and if it works we can use
>>> it instead of adding the bug report url to the commit message.  I wonder
>>> if we can link a commit to a bug report?  That could be an issue if we
>>> cannot.  I don't want to have to always create a separate branch, push
>>> it to my personal repo, and then merge it into the product branch for
>>> simple bug fixes.
>>
>> I already link commits to corresponding bug reports, see an example [1].
>>
>> To make life even easier, I have just pushed an additional git config
>> file (rev 7022). To enable it:
>>
>>   git config --add include.path "$(pwd)/helpers/git/fixes_alias"
>>
>> And afterwards:
>>
>>   <code, code, code>
>>   git commit -a -m "Fixed a memleak"
>>   git fixes 123456
>>   git push
>>
>> In the current form it is a mix of what Wayne and Chris have suggested,
>> so in the end you will get:
>>
>> orson@pcbe15262 ~/workspace/kicad % git log -n1
>> commit 4ea4dcd67d89ce612aa1826dc845cc1137040fbf
>> Author: Maciej Suminski <maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx>
>> Date:   Fri Aug 12 11:34:06 2016 +0200
>>
>>     Fixed a memleak
>>
>>     Fixes: lp:123456
>>     * https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/123456
>>
>> Regards,
>> Orson
>>
>> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad-git-test/+bug/1612107
>>

> This appears to be just what we are looking for.  Thanks Orson!
>
> Since I haven't heard anything from anyone besides Adam, I'm going to
> assume everyone is OK with going live with the git transition on 8/21.
> I will most likely make the bzr repo read only a few hours before I push
> the git repo and make it the product branch so if you have commit access
> please do not commit anything to the bzr repo on 8/21.  I will make an
> announcement as soon as I have it up and running.  I think I hear the
> "Hallelujah Chorus" in the background. ;)

To all my developers with commit access, please do not commit any
changes to the product branch until further notice.  I am going to
attempt to switch the project over to use git as the default vcs
sometime later today and I don't want to have to resync from bzr to git
during this transition.  I have no idea what issues I will run into so
please be patient.  Hopefully things will go smoothly.  I will make the
announcement once the git repo is online.  @Orson, since you are the one
who drove this, I'm giving you the honor of being the goto guy in case
things go side ways.  I just thought you should know. :).

Cheers,