Re: python3-wxpython4 in Fedore (Re: 5.1.0-rc1)

On 2/6/19 5:12 PM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
Am 06.02.19 um 22:59 schrieb Steven A. Falco:

I tried running a Fedora build with wxGTK3 and that seemed to go ok.
I then tried enabling KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX, but I'm not
sure what library KiCad is looking for.  I get this:>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'wx'
CMake Error at CMakeModules/FindwxPython.cmake:52 (message):
   wxPython/Phoenix does not appear to be installed on the system

I'll try to figure it out, but if anyone has a suggestion of what the
library package might be called, that would help.

You probably looking for python3-wxpython4 in Fedora, in Debian the
package python3-wxgtk4.0 is required to get wxphoenix working in kicad
builds.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/wxpython-dev/EvjTb7BjXRI

It would be helpful if we could get wxPython4/wxPython3 on Fedora to get some additional user testing.